The Carolina Renaissance Festival is committed to community involvement and supports the important work of our region’s non-profit agencies. Each year the Festival makes available $300,000 in free admission opportunities in effort to support non-profit organizations with raising funds and items for charitable purposes.
Examples include complimentary tickets for use in auctions, raffles, and other fundraising events as well as raising school supplies and canned food items. The Festival also makes available colorful costumed characters for non-profit event appearances.
We are asked to support hundreds of worthwhile charitable causes each year and we make every effort to support as many requests as possible. Due to the high volume of donation requests, all organizations are asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Donations are only made directly to organizations defined as tax exempt under Section 501(c)3 or Section 509 of the IRS code. No third party requests will be considered.
- Only those requests received before September 1st of each Festival season will be considered. Requests should not be submitted more than 90 days before the date of your event.
- An organization is only allowed to receive one donation per year. A submitted request does not guarantee a donation. Those not receiving a donation will be notified via email.
- A donation should be considered as a complementary element to the event. Unless informed otherwise, it is recommended that events not be centered on the anticipation of a donation as not all requests are fulfilled. Completion / submission of the Donation Request Form does not guarantee a donation.
- Donated Admission Tickets can be used for auctions, raffles, and other fundraising events but cannot be resold for profit or distributed at the Festival site.
- Use of the Carolina Renaissance Festival name, logos, trademarks, and/or any advertising that implies support or sponsorship of an event must be approved in writing by the Carolina Renaissance Festival.