Student Day Study Guide
Click here to download the Student Day Study Guide containing helpful information for your classroom.
- Life in Elizabethan England
- The Elizabethan World
- Renaissance Amusement
- Tudor History
- Tudor England, 1485-1603
- History of Costume
- British History
- Elizabethan Images
People and Portraits
The Private Life of Henry VIII by Lajos Biro
The Medieval Village by G.G. Coulton
Bruegel by Jacques Dopange
Great Harry by Carolyn Erickson
A Complete Guide to Heraldry by A.C. Fox-Davies
Life in the Renaissance by Marzieh Gail
Royal Gambit by Hermann Gressieker
The Rose and the Thorn: The Lives of Mary and Margaret Tudor by Nancy Lenz Harvey
Anne Boleyn by E.W. Ives
Katherine of Aragon by Jean Plaidy
The Six of Henry VIII by Paul Rival
King Henry VII's Mary Rose by Alexander McKee
Music and Song
- Early Music Resources on the Web
- The Music of Thomas Ravenscroft, from Greg Lindahl.
- Sixteenth Century Ballads and A Short Note on Sixteenth Century Child Ballads, also from Greg Lindahl.
- Playford's The Dancing Master Or, plain and easie Rules for the Dancing of Country Dances, with the Tune to each Dance. The HTML version by Jeff Lee.
- A Guide to Medieval and Renaissance Instruments at Iowa State University
- The Schoole of Musicke by Thomas Robinson, 1603. An HTML version by Jeff Lee.
- The First Book of English Madrigals by John Wilbye (1598). Also from Jeff Lee.
Films & Videos
A Man for All Seasons (rated G)
A Matter of Conscience: Henry VIII and Sir Thomas Moore
Anne of the Thousand Days (rated PG)
Henry VIII (BBC Production - rated G)
Biography - Elizabeth I (A&E Production - rated G)
Young Bess (rated G)
Fire Over England (rated G)
Mary of Scotland (rated G)
The Virgin Queen (rated G)
Elizabeth (rated R for nudity and extreme violence)
Shakespeare in Love (rated R for nudity)
Jane Grey (rated PG-13 for brief nudity)